We love this simple yet elegant granola parfait recipe from Chef Kitami Lentz. The warmth of cardamom pairs excellently with sweet coconut flakes for an elevated granola that is super simple to make. You’ll never go near another bag of store-bought granola after this.
Cardamom Coconut Cashew Granola Parfait
- 1 ½ cups of Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup Raw Cashews, unsalted
- ½ cup Large Coconut Flakes
- ½ La Tourganelle Sunflower Oil or Canola Oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tbs Spicewalla Green Cardamom Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Chunks (optional)
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cups Blueberries or berries of your choice
- 2 tbs Honey
Making the Granola:
- Preheat oven to 325(O) F.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, cashews and coconut flakes until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add ¼ cup of honey, oil, salt, cardamom and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir with a rubber or silicone spatula until completely combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the combined oat mixture in an even layer. NOTE: If you like clumps of granola, allow for lumps and mounds of the mixture on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes until granola is golden brown and the nuts are toasted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. The granola may be slightly wet, but will dry as it cools.
- If desired, stir in dark chocolate chunks before granola completely cools to allow the chocolate to melt slightly.
Putting the Parfait Together:
- In a parfait glass or small bowl, place ½ cup of Greek yogurt followed half of the berries. Layer ¼ cup of the granola and 1 tbs of the honey
- Repeat for the second layer to build the parfait.
Check out Chef Kitami's other brunch time recipes on the Daily Feast Recipe app AND get her favorite pantry ingredients in the Spring Brunch Pantry Box.