Lapsang Souchong Tea (LST) Seasoning Salt
Seasoning salts are a simple way to add a lot of depth and flavor to any dish. While there are plenty of store bought seasoning salts out there, making your own is a great way to customize flavors and keep it preservative free. We are in love with Chef B.B.'s super simple Lapsang Souchong Tea Seasoning Salt Recipe.
"I grew up on Lawry's seasoning salt. My daddy put it on everything from steak to popcorn. The highlight of this recipe is the herbaciousness and smokiness you get from lapsang souchong tea (LST) - a black tea toasted over pine needles," says Chef B.B.
LST Seasoning Salt
- 2 tbs of Octavia Organic Lapsang Souchong Tea
- 4 tbs of kosher salt
- 1 tbs of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- For a more rustic results use a mortar and pestle. Otherwise, in a spice mill or small food processor, place all ingredients and pulse to a course texture.
- Store in an airtight container.
Get more of Chef B.B.'s recipes by registering for the Daily Feast web app OR order our latest edition pantry box - Southern Style Cooking from a Filipinx Pantry. It's a collection of essential ingredients curated by Chef B.B. Huff and comes with recipes that combine the flavors of a Filipino pantry with cooking traditions from the south.